Bliss Spotting and business
As a follow-up to my guest hosted blog from my oversoul, I've decided I need to up the ante on my blogging. I need easier navigation, topic categories, more focus, and a bigger, more robust editorial vision. In order to achieve the 2 former objectives, I think I need Type Pad. Don't get me wrong. I love Blogger...heck, what's not to love about something that is free and lets you start blogging immediately? But I crave a tool that will give me more control over the blog's structure. Plus (shallowness alert) all the cool bloggers I've been reading are using Moveable Type.
To achieve the latter goals, I need a bigger hook than "gee, I'm bummed today". I've been a numerologist for the last 17 years (Wow, that even surprised me!) and lately I have been trying to figure out a way to weave my love of numerology and my love of writing together into one lusciously lucrative package. Examples of this in the astrology trade include:
*Free Will Astrology, the zany brain child of Rob Brezney, has been a prolific author on things new age and political.
*Astrologer Ralfee Finn is a wonderful writer with great astrological instincts as showcased in her Aquarium Age site.
*Political Journalist/Columnist/Astrologer and all around sexy guy Eric
Francis of Planet Waves is at the apex of the spectrum. He sets the stage with a strong philosophical framework and then pours his prodigious thoughts and meanderings into the body of his site. It's very heterogeneous...not only is it an astrology site, it's also a political polemic bundled together with a 'Dear Abby' component. Granted, it's a bit over the top but...that's why I like it. Plus, he has
a paying, subscription model which I find very intriguing.
The truth is there is only one numerology site on the web that I like...and it's just been tastefully redesigned. Hans Decoz's site is chock full of info, great for the budding or growing numerologist but there isn't a community or much interactively there.
What brings me back time after time to a site is a fresh dose of the creator's mojo...and that's what I'd like to develop. Stay tuned.
Resources:
Angie Mckaig promises to shed some light on the rigors of online business building ...and I've read countless others. Anyone else have suggestions (this of course assumes that someone else other than my mother
is reading this. sigh.)?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home